Deputy Manager - Children's Home - Northamptonshire
This Deputy Manager role offers an exciting challenge of opening and establishing a new home for Looked After Children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Working alongside the Registered Manager you will be supported by an Operations Manager who has extensive experience of running therapeutic residential care services for children and young people who have experienced trauma and/or abuse.
Upon joining this organisation, you will work for a period in one of its already established homes in Northamptonshire to provide you with opportunity to feel comfortable in your new role, build your support network and get a full understanding of the company's policies, procedures, culture and ethics. The view is then for you and your new team to open the new home in Corby this Summer 2019.
As a Deputy Manager your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide support and assistance to the Registered Manager in particular ensuring the relevant legal, child protection and company policies, procedures and guidance are adhered to.
- Be accountable and assist in all aspects of the running of the home including human resources, staff supervision and development, staff rota’s, budget, maintenance, good housekeeping and to maintain the physical environment of the home.
- Advising staff members on the policies, procedures and guidance which reflect the aims and objectives of the home and to develop and maintain systems for monitoring progress towards outcomes and business objectives.
- To implement the company guidelines on health and Safety, Fire Safety Procedures and Food Hygiene.
- Undertake the role of Key worker for identified children/young people, being responsible for writing, implementing and reviewing their individual placement plans.
- Communicating verbally and in writing with colleagues, external agencies and young people in a clear and professional manner maintaining the rules of confidentiality as appropriate.
- Undertake sleep in and call out duties.
Candidates are required to have an NVQ/QCF/Diploma level 3 in children and young people and have a minimum of 2 years, recent experience of supervising staff in a children’s residential home setting.
£26,000 - £28,000
Back to Jobs Board